November 15, 2010

dress me up

It's all in the details...

It's cold & sleeting here, & the sun is diving behind the trees so quickly now. I find my mind wandering to holiday parties, roaring fires, rich food, warming cocktails & dreamy dresses.

from here


from here


from here

from here

from here

I love how simply elegant & feminine these festive frocks are, made from skimming silks & light wools with subtle folds & drapes to add a little interest & movement to an otherwise simple line. The grommet detail on the sleeve of the topmost dress especially caught my fancy. I can imagine each of them paired with a cozy wrap, lacey tights & my heeled motorcycle boots (I do live in Vermont, after all!).

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sleet? UGH! We had a cooler October than normal but last week we were flirting with the mid 80's. No, no, no...not what I want in November. These are gorgeous dresses!!! I want to watch Holiday Inn now :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - 80s sound pretty nice about now :) But yes, you expect briskness so you can indulge in coziness in November, right? Ah - Holiday Inn - I can hear Bing crooning as I stare at the gray, misty sky out my window... that certainly does get one in the mood for a holiday fĂȘte!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - your comments make my day!