December 17, 2010

happy weekend


Time for me to get crackin' on some chocolate making; right now I have balsamic fig & port wine conserves bubbling on the stove, to be added to a dark chocolate ganache later this weekend.
I feel like I'm slowly shifting my busy brain away from the previous months' scramble to finish a collection of scrimshaw pieces for the holiday season; the scramble will begin again in January as I create some pieces I've got up my sleeve for Valentine's Day. Until then, I'm looking forward to spending some time in the kitchen & with friends & family. What do you have planned this wintry weekend? 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really yummy and cozy weekend. We are actually going to have a wintery weekend and I am so excited to have cold weather back! Today is my last day of work for the year and it's dark and gloomy out, inspiring me to bake! We go to watch the Nutcracker tomorrow, for the first time ever, finally got tickets! I'm so hyper I could bust!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohohoh - the Nutcracker - you must be hopping up & down with excitement! Sounds like the perfect pre-holiday weekend. What are you baking? Have a wonderful time at the ballet - can't wait to get the full report :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmhhh..! I can smell the goodness from here. Time with friends and family around the kitchen is pretty much what's been going around here... can't complain!

    warmly,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mia & Maria :) Happy Holidays to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - your comments make my day!