December 8, 2011

poetic gesture












In light of the season, this post caught my attention about mysterious paper sculptures magically appearing in the city of Edinburgh's public libraries. Earlier in the year, exquisitely crafted small works of art were discovered with notes attached supporting public libraries & the written word, & no one knows whence they came.

It started with your name @byleaveswelive and became a tree.… ... We know that a library is so much more than a building full of books… a book is so much more than pages full of words.… This is for you in support of libraries, books, words, ideas….. a gesture (poetic maybe?)

My favorite piece is the wing made from book pages. Incredible.

Here's to public art & anonymous gifts! Inspires me to hatch a little plan myself...

more here

thanks, desha!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by - your comments make my day!